Basic Tools and Organization
One of the biggest failures of new entrepreneurs, besides record-keeping, is organization.
I hear some old-school guys (who are even technical wizards), that they take notes using pencil and paper. Sorry, but I left my fossils behind. I have subscribed kicking and screaming to the digital age.
There is no right or wrong, but I can pass on what I do, what works for me, and you are free to follow that, or come up with something on your own. Something you should know: I am a POWER USER of everything I touch. I USE WHAT I SELL,and sometimes sell what I use.
Essential Tools (each has their own Resources Page)
- Google Tools (free) – I use virtually all, but my absolute necessities are Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks.
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- RoboForm – Password management synchs with all platforms. Join for $9 for first year.
- EverNote – Free. This is where I store all of my ready-to-go ad copy
- DropBox – Free. Secure Cloud Storage that synchs with all platforms. Drop and Drag with Windows Explorer, Handy for sharing with others
- Viral Mail Profits – Ad organizer and scheduler. Cuts your promotion time significantly. Free to join but upgrade to Silver is recommended
- Referral Frenzy – 91+ traffic sources. Cuts your promotion time significantly. Absolutely WORTH it!
- JitBit Autotext – Multiple clipboards. Save and create keyboard shortcuts for common things you type over and over.
- Down Line Builder Caddy – builds a database of your referral IDs and URLs and quickly captures and updates downline builders on safelists and TAEs.
- Screencast-O-Matic – video creation software
- Filezilla – FTP tool – absolute necessity
- Accounting Software – Quicken or QuickBooks for business accounting, but a spreadsheet will suffice when first starting out.
- Microsoft Windows Accessories
- Paint – Graphical editor included with every version of Windows
- Snipping Tool – Screen Capture tool included with every version of Windows
- WordPad or Notebook – Simple text editing tools included with every version of Windows
- Speech Recognition – Allows you to “dictate” – after it is “trained” to your voice, it gets better every time you use it.
- 7-Zip – Archival/Extraction tool for Zip format files and other archive formats
- Antivirus – NEVER go on the internet WITHOUT antivirus!
- MalwareBytes – anti-malware plugin for Chrome and Firefox
- Backup and Recovery – Not If, but When. Hardware fails.
- MLM Recruit On Demand – Overcome your fear of Telephone Sales with $15 Lifetime program that has the best Telephone Sales training that I’ve found.